Why does the PTA ask for money?
Where FCPS funding ends, Franklin Sherman families step up every year to enrich their children's educational experience and invest in our school. In the past, the PTA has paid for HEPA filtration machines for each classroom, laptops for each child in grades 4-6, smartboards in classrooms, iPads in the libraries, curated classroom libraries, reimbursements for teacher supplies, enrichment (such as visiting authors and field trip buses), and staff appreciation breakfasts and lunches. We also organize after-school activities and community-building events, such as the annual Thanksgiving luncheon, Family CultureFest (formerly, International Night), Ice Cream Social, Field Day, Outdoor Movie Night, and Pi Night, among others. We help the school administration and teachers with the tools and supplies they need to successfully support our students. And we support special grade events (such as the annual 6th grade play), professional development, and staff appreciation efforts.
How to help:
How to help:
- Join the PTA. Annual PTA membership costs $20 per family and is due EACH school year.
- Donate to the Panda Fund, the PTA's armchair fundraiser. It is the most efficient way to give to Franklin Sherman, as 100% of donations go to support our school. Make a tax-deductible donation now and throughout the year. The suggested contribution is $150, but any amount is greatly appreciated. Please don't forget to ask if your employer will match your charitable contribution, which could double or triple the benefit to Franklin Sherman.
Other ways to raise money include:
- Monster Mash Dash & 1-Mile Fun Run (sponsor, run or walk)
- School auction (sponsor, donate goods/services or bid) - TBD
- Dining/Take out restaurant fundraisers
- Retail programs - The more you buy, the more the PTA benefits. Encourage grandparents and other family members to do the same.
Thank you for your generosity and support!